Here are 3 reasons why you should support Free the Slaves through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) :
- Liberation – Your pledge can literally help us #FreetheSlaves! By donating to FTS, your funds can help support our work in liberating enslaved people in places like Ghana, Senegal, India, and Vietnam!
- Education – Education is the key to ending modern slavery. We work to educate at-risk communities, locally based CSO, and even families of survivors on how to stay FREE!
- Rehabilitation – We know that Modern Slavery exists all over the world. But what happens when survivors finally break free? We work to offer them rehabilitation through food, shelter, and support.
What is the CFC?
The Combined Federal Campaign, or CFC, is a program for federal employees that opens on September 1 and closes on January 15. Every year, federal employees have the option to donate a portion of their paycheck to CFC-approved nonprofits. Through the CFC program, government employees have the opportunity to support nonprofits that align with their values and goals.
What does the CFC do?
The mission of the CFC is to promote and support nonprofits across the nation. Through the CFC, you can give to vetted charities via payroll deduction. Giving a little each pay period turns into a significant gift at the end of the year, and the collective impact of all of our gifts over the past 60 years is huge: more than $8.6 billion. Just last year, the CFC raised $78 million to help people and communities in need. Each year, you make that happen!
How can I join the CFC?
- Create an Account! Create your CFC account here.
- The donor can monitor the payments throughout the year to the charities which they support.
- The donor can come back anytime for a tax receipt if needed for the IRS.
- The donor can cancel the recurring pledge anytime throughout the year.
- Select Your Charity
- Select the ‘Find A Charity’ button on the Pledge Donor Website.
- Search for charities by charity name, EIN, or category (EX. Free the Slaves, #56-2189635, OR Human Services)
- Enter your pledge information
- The pledge methods available to you depend on your employment status and whether you are making a recurring or one-time donation. Visit CFC Giving System at cfcgiving.opm.gov/welcome to create an account and view the payment options available to you.
- Have more questions? Check out the CFC Frequently Asked Questions Page!
We hope that you’ll support FTS through the Combined Federal Campaign in 2023. Join us as we work to end modern slavery!